Employment Law Advice For Deputies & Attorneys
Your role in managing your client’s property and finances may include arranging a complex ‘care at home’ package. Whether through contracting with employment agencies or by employing a carer directly, we can help you achieve the most financially efficient solution, and the best quality of care.
It may be useful to refer to our list of Abbreviations Used in Community Care Law and Abbreviations Used in SEN and Disability Law.
Employment solicitors for vulnerable adults and their carers
Employment Law is complex, and constant changes present numerous challenges for you as Deputies and Attorneys. By choosing to work with our specialist Employment lawyers, you can ensure that when employing carers, the Estate is fully compliant and that it is protected against opportunistic employment claims.
We are one of the few law firms in the country who specialise in Community Care Law for Attorneys and Deputies, and therefore have the necessary Employment Law expertise to handle the specific issues which you face.
For people who employ privately paid, agency or live-in carers, our Employment Law Team, led by Fiona Martin, can provide Employment Law advice in relation to:
- Checking contractual terms
- Managing and providing contracts and policies
- All discrimination issues
Employment Law in context: understanding the needs of individuals and carers
Because we act for both employees and employers, we can help you to resolve disputes with either your employees or the Care Agency with whom you have contracted to provide care services.
We understand that in some cases, the overriding aim is to maintain your client’s relationship with their carer. We therefore offer solutions tailored to your client’s unique set of circumstances. This could mean helping to remedy a situation without unsettling your client or placing their care package in jeopardy.
With our help, all contractual terms can be negotiated and set up to ensure the Estate is protected and the employee’s rights are maintained.
Should you or your client be in the unfortunate position of having to defend a claim, we provide a complete defence service.
Employment Law relevant to Deputies and Attorneys includes:
- Practical advice around employing or choosing an Agency
- Drafting contracts of employment, Consultancy Agreements and relevant Employment Law policies
- Addressing poor performance or conduct issues
- TUPE advice when transferring care packages
- Legal issues affecting live-in carers such as dealing with licences
- Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements such as the Working-Time Regulations (e.g. holiday and rest breaks), National Minimum Wage, Auto-enrollment
- Avoiding the pitfalls of equality legislation
- Dealing with family-related rights such as a carer’s pregnancy or maternity, and flexible working requests
- Terminating your employee’s or contractor’s contract
From our offices in Brighton & Hove, Croydon, Gatwick & Crawley, Eastbourne and Shoreham, we serve clients from across the country and overseas, through their preferred means of communication.
If you are a Professional Deputy or Attorney and require advice and assistance on any Employment Law matter, we can help.
Contact us today on 01273 609911, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.