Skip to content
Search Our Website 01273 609911 Martin Searle Solicitors - logo

Martin Searle Solicitors

Community Care Law

Martin Searle Solicitors Advice Community Care Law

What is community care law?

The term community care is used to describe services provided by social services and the NHS to help adults and children with health and social care needs. This includes help with care at home, respite care, adaptations to a property to help someone remain in their own home, decisions about what care is to be provided and the right care environment, discharge from hospital, funding for care and help with meeting long-term care needs.

Community care law is often used to challenge decisions made by public bodies including the NHS and social services. Complaints can be made in a number of ways, including internal complaints procedures, appeals and Judicial Review.

Help from community care solicitors

The expert team of community care solicitors at Martin Searle Solicitors has experience providing community care legal advice and representation to service users, carers and family members. We can advise on all areas of community care law including:

Community care lawyers for older people

Our community care lawyers have expertise, built up over many years, working with older people, their families and carers. The team is skilled at helping clients and families who are facing a crisis, for example when an individual is moving into a nursing or care home or when their care needs change. We also provide sensitive support to clients who have begun to experience memory problems.

We can help:

  • Avoid the unnecessary sale of a house to fund care
  • Maximise NHS or social services’ financial contribution towards nursing or care fees
  • Challenge unfair decisions on NHS continuing healthcare funding
  • Keep a carer in their home when the person they care for goes into care
  • Ensure that people acting under a Lasting Power of Attorney understand their duties
  • Assist in resolving family disputes about care and funding for relatives
  • Help families resolve social services’ deprivation of capital allegations

To find out more about how we can help you, contact our specialist team of community care law solicitors today on 01273 609911, or email

Additional Content