Skip to content

Martin Searle Solicitors

01273 609911 Request a Call Back

Education, Health & Social Care Services For Under 25s

SEN Solicitors outline their expert EHCP and SEN law services

Securing an Education, Health and Care Plan

Navigating the processes to obtaining an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) that fully reflects your child’s needs is often confusing and stressful.

As specialist Community Care and Education Law solicitors, we provide advice and solutions to help you achieve the right educational placement and provision to meet your child’s Special Educational Needs (SEN) and care needs.

It may be useful to refer to our list of Abbreviations Used in Community Care Law and Abbreviations Used in SEN and Disability Law.

Supporting your child’s care and Special Educational Needs

We know how important it is to obtain a comprehensive support package to meet not only your child’s SEN, but also their complex care needs.

Our Community Care Law Team will consider your child’s SEN in the context of their wider health and social care needs to help you fight for the best support for your child at home and in the community, as well as in their educational placement.

How we can help

Our services for parents, carers and young people include:

  • Requesting an Education, Health and Care needs assessment ;
  • Appealing against a Local Authority refusal to carry out an EHC needs assessment or refusal to issue an EHC plan;
  • Challenging the contents of an existing EHC plan if the description of needs (Section B) is not accurate and/or if the provision (Section F) is inadequate  (for example, if further learning support, therapies or equipment are required);
  • Seeking a change of placement including representation in an appeal to the Tribunal to have the preferred placement named in Section I of the EHCP;
  • Advising and assisting in pursuing complaints/ appeals in relation to the contents of the Health and Social Care needs and provision sections of the EHCP  (sections C, D, G and H);
  • Acting in challenges to the NHS or local authorities regarding entitlement to state funded care or educational provision;
  • Providing advice on your child’s potential eligibility for NHS Children’s Continuing Care (CCC) or for young adults NHS Continuing Healthcare (CHC);
  • Advising on any potential Judicial Review challenge which can be brought to ensure that SEN provision in the EHCP is implemented; or to challenge related Health and Social Care decisions;
  • Provide advice on your rights and eligibility for support as a Carer

If you are a parent or carer of a child or young person with Special Educational Needs and disabilities, we are here to help.

If you or your family require specialist Community Care and Education Law advice, which may include an assessment of health and care needs for anyone under the age of 25, please contact us on 01273 609911, or email to see how we can help.

Martin Searle Solicitors, 9 Marlborough Place, Brighton, BN1 1UB
T: 01273 609 991

Martin Searle Solicitors is the trading name of ms solicitors ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, and is registered in England under company number 05067303.

© 2024