Governance Surgeries – 4 November 2015
“It proved an invaluable evening. I look forward to lots more guidance and mentoring sessions in the future!”
When: Wednesday 4 November 2015, 6-8pm
Where: BMECP Centre, 10 Fleet St, Brighton, BN1 4ZE
An event for Trustees and Management Committee Members.
Community Works in Brighton are bringing together all the expertise, information and advice you could need if you are a trustee or are considering becoming one, to answer those questions you might be afraid to ask or don’t know who to ask. The experts will be able to give you information and honest advice on a range of areas, including:
- Fiona Martin: Employment Law and HR
- Charity Finance
- Charity Law
- Auto-enrolment and planning for your pension scheme
- Roles and responsibilities of the board, the Code of Governance and effective relationships
- Developing your Management Committee
- Best practice in Volunteer Management, Safeguarding and Equalities
- Financial planning and investments and insurance requirements
This event is FREE to attend but spaces are limited so you must book in advance. Community Works prioritise places to members. The session is flexible so you can drop in any time. There will also be space for networking with other trustees.