MBL Seminars with Cate Searle
Cate Searle, Director and Head of Community Care Law, leads expert seminars and training for MBL.
Paying for Care & Securing Funding Masterclass – All You Need to Know
“Cate, as always, retains your attention with hands on experience and discussion” – DV, Private Client Solicitor
“Very knowledgeable and good relation of specific examples” – PA, Trust & Tax Practitioner
This practical and tactical live broadcast session is designed for professional deputy and private client law teams who have a working knowledge of the health and social care funding systems and want to know how to run successful public law challenges that make a difference for their clients.
This live broadcast is interactive and will leave you equipped with everything you will ever need to know about paying for care.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover all the tools you need to assist and represent your client in common and complex care funding matters including:
- Challenging misleading information or unlawful decisions from Health or Social Services, including blanket policies
- Top-up issues for care homes and care at home and arbitrary caps on funding for care packages
- Disputes involving needs v preferences, discretionary decisions and top tips for the most effective challenge letter
- Lawful Health and Social Services assessment processes, including safe hospital discharge
- Deprivation allegations against your client or their family, including allegations of financial abuse, safeguarding and OPG investigations; and recovery action taken by Social Services
- Challenging NHS Continuing Healthcare eligibility and commissioning decisions
- Clients with PI settlements and CCG or Local Authority disputes as to their duty to fund care costs on the grounds of double recovery
- Section 117 Mental Health Act 1983 aftercare funding
- The distinction between a health need and a social care need
- Disputes involving property disregards and joint beneficial ownership
Thursday 20 May 2021 (part 1) and Thursday 27 May 2021 (part 2) – 1.30pm – 4.30pm
To find out more about this Seminar, or to book, view the Paying For Care And Securing Funding – All You Need To Know Event Page.
Our Community Care Law team can design and deliver in house training on any of the above topics for your private client team or your organisation. To find out more, contact us today on 01273609911, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.